- Never give out personal information, such as your name, home address, phone number, the name of your school, pictures, or credit card numbers to anyone online that you don’t trust or know in person.
- Turn off file sharing and network discovery when using a public wireless network
- Don’t use lazy passwords & Never use the same password for different accounts.
- Never give out your password to anyone.
- Do not open e-mail attachments from anyone you don’t know and have security settings on your computer.
- Beware of spoof email claiming to be Bank, PayPal, or a company you trust asking for personal information. This is called phishing.
- Never meet in person with someone you met online.
- Use an anti-virus program, an anti-spyware program, and a firewall and make sure it’s always UPDATED.
More Online Safety Tips