If you are still lighting up, here is why you should quit for good.
1.Make a date in you diary, draw up an action plan and look at what tools you think will need to help you stop. Put all of this in place before you reach your stop date.
2. Throw out all of your ashtrays, lighters and of course —— CIGARETTES!
3. Listen to other people’s success stories as they will inspire you to stop.
4. Try to drink six to eight glasses of water a day.
5. What’s your trigger to stop smoking? Is it to be able to run upstairs and not to be out of breath, or to prevent more line developing around your mouth? find trigger and act on it.
6. Find other people who are also trying to quit and take support from each other.
7. Share your frustrations and achievements with other people who are also trying to quit.
8. Change your routine. If you have a coffee and a cigarette at 10am everyday, skip the coffee so you don’t crave the cigarette that goes with it.
9. use the money you would have spent on cigarettes to threat yourself to something
10. Remember to take things one day at a time.
Everyday without a cigarette is a bonus so if at first you don’t succeed, TRY again!